Ben Griffiths-Trevor takes a look at Wrexham’s rivals in the National League this season.
- Michael Cheek- Striker from Ebbsfleet
- Reeco Hackett-Fairchild- Striker from Charlton
- Korrey Henry- Striker from Braintree
- Billy Bingham- Midfielder from Gillingham
- Joe Kizzi- Full Back from Billericay
- Chris Bush- Defender from Ebbsfleet
- Adrian Clifton- Midfielder from Maidenhead
- Mark Cousins- Goalkeeper from Barnet
- Bobby Joe-Taylor- Winger
- Roger Johnson- Defender
- Joe Quigley- Striker
- David Gregory- Goalkeeper
- Frankie Sutherland- Midfielder
- Omar Bugiel- Striker
- Stephen Okoh- Striker
- Kyle da Silva- Winger
- Richard Brindley- Full Back
- Dennon Lewis- Winger
- Fulham XI (H)- D 0-0
- Welling United (H)- W 3-1
- Maidstone United (A)- W 2-0
- Dulwich Hamlet (A)- D 1-1
- Crystal Palace XI (H)- W 1-0
- Charlton XI (H)- L 1-0
GK- Mark Cousins
RB- Joe Kizzi
CB- Jack Holland
CB- Chris Bush
LB- Sam Wood
CM- Luke Coulson
CM- Billy Bingham
CM- Adrian Clifton
RW- Reeco Hackett-Fairchild
ST- Michael Cheek
LW- George Porter
A mid table finish last season would have disappointed manager Neil Smith, which explains why he has strengthened all areas of the pitch for the upcoming season. These additions are very good for Bromley, including prolific goal scorer Michael Cheek who would have been welcomed by many of the top clubs in the division. So this season Smith and his team would like to go one more and challenge for play-offs.
The back line may have a shake up this season with full back Joe Kizzi and centre back Chris Bush coming in and likely to start. In midfield Billy Bingham comes in with a lot of football league experience at a young age which may excite Bromley fans alongside the experienced hardnosed midfielder Adrian Clifton from Maidenhead, who always looks a threat when watching but never seemed to get a move from Maidenhead and now he’s finally got his chance to prove himself with a team who will be challenging higher.
Up top Korrey Henry has signed from Braintree who has a big presence up top but has a lack of goals, however the lack of goals will be covered by the signing of Michael Cheek from Ebbsfleet who season after season proves he is a lethal striker at this level scoring 63 goals overall in the league in 157 appearances.
With a mixture of results in pre-season and the signings they’ve made I think Bromley will be higher than last season and will push for that play-off spot.